Queens Beach Tourist Village's new exciting project involves installing a resort style swimming pool with wheelchair access, a water slide and flush fitting water play facilities for guests of all abilities.
A Tourism Recovery grant, applied for by the village, became available as a result of Cyclone Debbie, courtesy of the federal and state governments. The grant will be used towards:
* Installing a resort-style pool with shallow entry area and wheelchair accessible ramp
* Installing a water slide
* Installing flush fitting water play facilities for guests of all abilities and
The project aims to increase low and shoulder season visitation to Bowen. It aims to:
* Attract a new and growing market to Bowen outside of the main peak season extending the main tourist season.
* Offer a new and affordable family destination for families from neighbouring regional areas
* Enhance the tourist and visitor experience
* Encourage visitors to stay longer, spending more money locally and
* Increase the commercial viability of Queens Beach Tourist Village and Bowen's local businesses
The project was started in September once the 2018 domestice tourist season had finished. Watch this space